Friday, October 28, 2011

It's the Little Things

It's the little things in life that make us happy.

Like today, when-- though I am home because I have no work-- (meaning I'm not getting paid) I found that not only could I take in my recycling without worrying about lines or juggling the kids or long lines, I can now PUT THE PLASTIC BOTTLES IN THE MACHINE! This is a little blessing, but instead of whatever you get for a plastic bottle by weight (I estimate about three cents) you now can get the full five cents that you pay in the store returned to you.

So, with a bag of recycling from my husband's office (still astonished at how many full bottles of juice and water get tossed in there) and several bags from my friends Greg and Jenny, $22.55 is going into my daughter's bank account.

That equals 451 bottles and cans saved from the landfill, put into recycling and also benefitting my kids.

Other things that make me happy today?
Making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with my kindergarten daughter and my very tired son curling up on my lap on the couch while we watch old movies. These are the things I will remember when I'm old and grey. Missing a few day of work? Not so much.

GRAND TOTAL: 11,242 cans, $562.13

No comments:

Post a Comment